1. Giarraffa P, Berger KI, Chaikin AA, Axelrod FB, Davey C, Becker B. Assessing efficacy of high-frequency chest wall oscillation in patients with familial dysautonomia. CHEST 2005;128:3377-3381. Note: Year-long study of 15 patients with pulmonary disease due to Riley-Day syndrome.
2. Overgaard PM, Radford PJ. High-frequency chest wall oscillation improves outcomes in children with cerebral palsy. CHEST 2005; 128 (4): 354S. Note: A retrospective quality assurance review on 13 children with cerebral palsy.
3. Plioplys AV, Lewis S, Kasnicka I. Pulmonary vest therapy in pediatric long-term care. J Am Med Dir Assoc 2002;3:318-321. Note: Study of 7 quadriplegic cerebral palsy patients, 4 having epilepsy.
4. Lechtzin N, Wolfe LF, Frick KD. The Impact of High-Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation on Healthcare Use in Patients with Neuromuscular Diseases. Annals of the American Thoracic Society 2016;13(6):904-909. Note: 426 patients NMD patients.
5. Barto T, et al. Registry Outcomes for HFCWO Vest Therapy in Adult Patients with Bronchiectasis. Poster presented at: Am Thor Soc Intern Confer; 15 May 2016; San Francisco, Calif. Note: 2596 BE patient registry study comparing hospitalizations, antibiotic use and self-reported QOL metrics before and after HFCWO therapy.
6. Warwick WJ, Hansen LG. The long-term effect of high-frequency chest compression therapy on pulmonary complications of cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Pulmonal 1991; 11:265-271. Note: 16 CF patient study comparing pulmonary function following CPT to HFCC therapy.
7. Arens R, Gozal D, Omlin KJ, Vega J, Boyd KP, Keens TG, Woo MS. Comparison of high-frequency chest compression and conventional chest physiotherapy in hospitalized patients with cystic fibrosis. Am J Repir Crit Care Med 1994; 150: 1154-1157. Note: 50 CF patient study comparing conventional CPT to HFCC.
8. Milla CE, Hansen LG, Weber A, Warwick WJ. High-Frequency chest compression: effect of the third generation compression waveform. Biomed Instrum Technol 2004; 38:322-328. Note: 8 CF patient study comparing triangular vs. sine waveform technology.