Patient Services Advocate
RespirTech helps improve the quality of life for patients with a variety of chronic respiratory conditions (such as Cystic Fibrosis and chronic COPD-associated breathing conditions like bronchiectasis) or conditions resulting from neuromuscular disorders by managing airway secretion clearance.
RespirTech employees enjoy the opportunity to learn, grow, and make an impact. You can be a part of a team with a passion and purpose that offers innovative, reliable products to our patients.
The Patient Service Advocate is the primary point of contact advocating for patients throughout the order process, including, but not limited to, initial patient contact, obtaining and quoting benefit information, educating patients on the inCourage® Airway Clearance Therapy and the benefits of therapy and ongoing patient care. This role focuses on establishing and maintaining customer-oriented and professional relationship with patients. As a Patient Service Advocate it is vital to be customer focused, passionate about helping people breathe better and dedicated to service excellence. Work is performed in accordance with standard operating procedures, all regulations and contractual obligations (such as HIPAA, ACHC and other compliance guidelines), and standard business practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build rapport telephonically and act as the primary point of contact for the patient.
- Responsible for initial contact with patient (i.e. verifying and editing patient demographic information as well explaining process to patients).
- Educate patients regarding inCourage® Airway Clearance Therapy, explain the benefits of therapy, and promote device retention when necessary.
- Understand and explain benefit information including financial responsibilities to patients.
- Update patients on changes of insurance, additional information needed per insurance plan, and identify any breaks in service.
- Follow up with patient’s regarding questions and concerns as well as progress and adherence.
- Take orders from patients for accessories and vests.
- Explain shipment process and set expectations for product delivery including replacement shipments.
- Other duties as defined.
- Associate’s degree or higher.
- 3+ year’s industry experience, preferably in healthcare, health insurance, and/or durable medical equipment.
- Demonstrated sales support skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and nonverbal. Enjoys telephonic work.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow standard procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products- Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of claims processing or electronic medical record system helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to problem solve both with our customers and internal staff to achieve successful outcomes for customers and the Company.
- Ability to make informed decisions with available information
Physical Requirements of the Position:
Candidate must be able to sit at computer desk in front of a PC Monitor for long periods of time. Position requires incumbent to use a PC, telephone, basic office equipment. Position requires ability to engage in phone conversations, read medical information and communicate clearly with all levels of internal and external customers.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity at RespirTech, please complete the online application and upload your resume in a .word or .pdf format. Thank you for your interest!